- Our most popular smart speaker: now with a fabric design and improved speaker for richer and louder sound.
- Bigger, better sound: pair with a second Echo Dot for rich, stereo sound. Fill your home with music with compatible Echo devices in different rooms.
- Ready to help: ask Alexa to play music, answer questions, read the news, check the weather, set alarms, control compatible smart home devices and more.
- Connect with others: call almost anyone hands free including UK mobile and residential numbers (from UK only), other Echo devices, Alexa app and Skype. Link your Vodafone account to make and receive mobile calls. Instantly drop in on other rooms in your home or make an announcement to every room with a compatible Echo device.
- Alexa has skills: with tens of thousands of skills, Alexa is always getting smarter and adding new skills like tracking fitness, playing games and more.
- Voice control your smart home: turn on lights, adjust thermostats, lock doors and more, with compatible connected devices.
- Designed to protect your privacy: built with multiple layers of privacy protection and control, including a Microphone Off button that electronically disconnects the microphones.
I like that you can get Alexa to remind you to do things, like take meds, get up at a certain time, put the bin out on a certain day. If you are on a tight schedule you can ask Alexa the time. I like getting Alexa to play chill out pop and yoga music. You can set multiple alarms, ask Alexa what the weather is going to be. Set alexa to wake you up and tell you what the weather will be. Get Alexa to read you the news. Ask Alexa questions. she has a friendly voice, is super helpful and doesn't get vexed if you ask her what the time is 20 times in 10 minutes. Sometimes I get Alexa to remind me to be mindful and to do yoga, for me it enriches my life and It makes my life simpler
We now have 3 Echo Dots in our household, but this one is by far the best.. The power, bass and clarity from this little speaker is awesome! Love it
I've been using it since last year, actually Christmas Presents X 4. All of them been working flawlessly must be said. And whenever things doesn't function as it should, well a simple reset (power off/on) seems to do the trick. Only mentioning this for those who might having some issues. Honestly, it's a must, the kids can't have enough of it and so do i specially while i'm cooking, basically wet hands, play/skip/volume up and down at ease, very practical indeed. I like the way we are heading with this device which make life very easy and promising indeed. Keep it up guys, well done pretty pleased 10 out of 10.
Got this as a proper surprise birthday present...and I love it. I signed up for Music Unlimited and now I can ' ask Alexa' to play whatever I want, within reason...I like tuning into different radio stations, too and know there are plenty of other features I have yet to discover. It's a nice bit of kit.